My teacher hat

Being on vacation this weekend has made it tricky to keep up with my blogging.  Being an hour behind has gotten me all messed up.

But one thing that I am happy to be able to have done this long weekend is to take off my teacher hat.  I really have been able to just enjoy myself.

I know I have lesson plans for next week but I have no clue what they are.  I will check tomorrow night, once I put my teacher hat back on.

But for now I am going to enjoy being away from home, hanging with close friends whose family is like my family. Celebrating my best guy friends wedding and allowing myself to take off my teacher hat for a few days.

Sometimes taking that hat off is impossible, no matter how much I try and want to.  This weekend I succeeded and know when I put my hat back on it will be even better!

6 thoughts on “My teacher hat

1. So glad you could take some time to recharge, that is so important to be able to do in this stressful teacher life. You will catch up with your lesson plans soon enough.

2. The older I get the more I understand how important it is to take the teacher hat off in order to stay healthy. Kudos to you for being able to enjoy your break without the teacher hat!

3. Mom hat, teacher hat, even the sister hat—any hat can overload us if we don’t take a little break from time to time. I think about these things as I run around like crazy. I will write about this thing. Thank you for getting me thinking!

4. Taking off the teacher hat on the weekends is a necessary thing to do if you want to be a better teacher. Every educator deserves “me” time.

5. Oh man! Taking the teacher hat off is so hard, yet so important! Good job! And good job for keeping up with the writing!