Happy for WAR

I grew up playing games with my family and we still do.  I love that Reese likes to play games too and as she gets older the selections of games she can play gets bigger and bigger.  This time of the year when it  still gets dark fairly early and it is usually cold and/or rainy/snowy my time with Reese on weekday evenings are usually inside time.  This usually means game time!

By March our game selection is getting pretty slim.  Either we have played the game so much that we’ve gotten sick of it or sometimes when there is just 2 of us it is not so much fun or impossible to play certain games- like Go Fish and Old Maid.  Even Sorry with 2 people is not as fun.

So lately Reese has been coming up with different things for us to play..

Shopkins- How do you play Shopkins one might ask- I think you have to be 6 to really understand

Barbies- Great! But she never lets me pick out and change their clothes- and most Barbie gals know that that is the best part!

LOL’s- See Shopkins

So tonight after our 3rd game of Go Fish, just the 2 of us, as I feared the request to play activities listed above coming it hit me…

WAR..

I always loved WAR and it is a perfect 2 person game.

She knows her numbers and what is bigger than what!

She is a fast learner.

So tonight I was happy for WAR and from her reaction it looks like it will be WAR for the next few nights- she loved it!

This works for me and also gives me a few nights to come up with a different game for when the next Shopkins/Barbies/LOL request comes back around.

5 thoughts on “Happy for WAR

1. I used to love when I was babysitting and the kids would want to “play” something like Barbies or Shopkins, and I would basically say, “okay now what should she do?” the entire time. Definitely something you have to be 6 to REALLY understand! 🙂

2. War is the best game ever! Learning and having fun?! The perfect combo! I love her inventive games as well. Maybe soon you’ll be able to mash up war and Barbie and Shopkins! Phew, that would be a crazy game night! Thanks for sharing!

3. Oh, I love this, Lori! I can just picture you and Reese sitting inside, playing War, and just enjoying each other’s company. Great peek into your life with Reese. Loved this!