A Different Kind of Morning

Yesterday was our once a school year marathon day being “on the clock” from 8 am to 8 pm.  It includes everything..  morning teaching kids, afternoon PD, followed by 5 hours of parent teacher conferences.  We get a nice reprieve today at least, starting at 11 and getting out at 4.  I enjoy this morning every year and today was no different.

I got to do the “stay at home mom” or “I start work after my kids go to school” morning.

Usually Reese and I have limited time in the morning which consists of some small talk with my sleepy girl while we both get ready for the work/school day followed by some quick chit chat during the 2 minute commute to the sitter.  A quick hug, kiss and I love you and off we go.

Today I got woken up by a request to snuggle with her in her bed instead of my alarm.  We got some snuggle time which included talk and lots of giggles and hugs.

I was able to make her breakfast which included more talk and giggles.

Together we took our time picking out the best shirt to go with her fluffy green St. Paddy’s Day skirt and shamrock leggings.

We definitely still had time so there was some snuggling on the couch and I didn’t even mind watching the Nickelodeon show she chose.

More laughing and being silly while hairstyling and teeth brushing took the place of my usual reminders to “keep getting ready, time is ticking”‘

Although I didn’t get to drive her to school because she wanted to take the bus with her friends, I had time for a longer goodbye, a few extra kisses and a longer hug (which was perfect because it was going to be her daddy weekend).

Yep it was a different kind of morning and the marathon day of work yesterday was well worth it.

4 thoughts on “A Different Kind of Morning

1. I love that you took the time for extra snuggles and a slow start. I am sure these few extra hugs and kisses meant a lot to her too.

2. Lots of Slices yesterday about these extra few hours from our teachers. It’s so great to see everyone just soaking up the time with their families and capturing it in writing. Sounds like you and Reese really took advantage. Great Slice.