The Bunny is coming early

Ever since we got divorced, Reese’s dad and I have had to share holidays.  We have an official legal court document that outlines our parenting times and days which includes how we split up the holiday time.  Fortunately we always make Reese the first priority and for the past two years that document has been gathering dust because we never have to look at it.

We talk through our individual family plans and make decisions based on what would be best/more fun for Reese.  This Easter I have no idea who is supposed to get her.  All I know is that my two sisters will be out of town (which means no Easter family plans with me) with their families and my ex wants to take her up to Northern Michigan to see his family and take her for a final ski trip of the season, as well as to celebrate her birthday which is the following week.

No brainer..  absolutely she is going with him.  Yes I will miss the official day of Easter with her but what does it matter- we are not very religious so church and things like that don’t really play into our annual plans- I can celebrate with her earlier and that is exactly what we are going to do.

So we are coloring eggs tonight and I am going to do my best to get a hold of the bunny to see if he can visit a little early (like Santa did when he visited her dad’s house early).  And I have a real good feeling that he might stop by while she is at dance class tomorrow night!

7 thoughts on “The Bunny is coming early

1. I love the partnership you have created with your daughter’s father. It seems like you have made great progress, especially when you state, “that document has been gathering dust.” Flexibility is the name of the game and it sounds like you have nailed that part of the process. Happy early Easter!

2. You’re such a good mama. Reese has the best of both worlds with both of you guys. Good for you guys for always putting her first.

3. That’s so great that you both put your daughter first. It takes maturity to be able to do that and I’m glad for Reese’s sake that you both have it.

4. I love this, Lori. I love how Reese is always at the center of all your decisions. She is lucky to be so loved, and to have two families that care about her so much.

5. Lori, I love this! Working together to put your daughter first is exactly the way all divorced couples should act. Your daughter will thank you both for that when she is older.