jigsaws and game shows

Last night I had a rare night to myself.  My daughter was with her dad and my husband was out at his brother’s house so I got to partake in my favorite at home “me time” (probably pretty dorky sounding to most) ritual – jigsaw puzzles and old game shows!

I remember watching game shows on summer mornings when I was a kid.  They were so many and on a bunch of channels.  My sisters used to make fun of me about enjoying them so much.

As I got older these game shows slowly faded and were harder to find.  Then I discovered the Game Show Network.  It was great.  All the old shows were back on and I once again had my dorky quiet night ritual.  And then it slowly changed to newer shows or Family Feud all the time.  I once again lost part of my favorite night.  I found other shows to watch while I did my puzzle on my “me time” nights.  But it wasn’t the same.

A few months ago I moved into a new home and we signed up for a different cable provider.  That’s when I discovered it..  Buzzr TV!!  Old game shows on 24 hours a day (and as a side note..  I’m an old tv show junkie too and we have Antenna TV!!).  The game shows that they were showing were ones I hadn’t seen forever..  Card Sharks, Sale of the Century, Supermarket Sweep (Oh how I wanted to be on that show!), Password, Press Your Luck, Match Game..  you name it!!!  My favorite “Me time” nights are complete once again.

I don’t get my “me time” nights as much as I would like but when I do- like last night- they are once again filled with my dorky rituals- jigsaw puzzles and old game shows!

6 thoughts on “jigsaws and game shows

1. I love jig saw puzzles, but never considered pairing them with game shows! Hope you enjoyed your “me time.”

2. That sounds like such an awesome and relaxing time! I am glad you were able to spend it doing something that you truly enjoy! They need to bring some of those shows BACK!

3. Honest and fun! We all have our dorky pleasures. I was going to say “guilty”, but you don’t sound like you feel guilty! Enjoy those rare me times, and thanks for sharing. Maybe you can write another time about the jigsaw puzzles- I enjoy them ,too, but never do them.

4. Lori, this is fantastic. I love those ‘me time’ nights and I would have that day circled on the calendar when I knew it was coming. I hope you get another one soon.

5. I would love your ‘dorky’ me nights. One of my favorite parts of snow days is watching the Price is Right! I know it is not old, but brings back memories of watching it with my grandma!