Play date = mommy Break

And I am even hosting the play date (well me and McD’s play place for a bit🙂)

I often feel bad that Reese is an only child because with a sibling you usually have a built in playmate. Although she is pretty good with and likes to play by herself, most times I am her playmate.

We both definitely enjoy our time together but sometimes I don’t want to play Barbies or LOL’s and sometimes she doesn’t want me to be the one she plays with which I totally get. So I’m always on the look out for play date opportunities, especially now since the weather is cold and our sunlight ends early.  We also have just moved to a new neighborhood and haven’t gotten a chance to meet the neighborhood kids for the same reasons above.

So although this late afternoon/early evening I am spending watching 2 silly friends run around McDonalds play place along with 8-10 other little ones, after spending my day with 17 5 year olds and can think of lots of other ways I could be spending my Fridays, I really am getting a break.  I do not have to be the playmate and my daughter gets to have a “real” playmate.  Her big smile is better than doing anything else right now!

One thought on “Play date = mommy Break

1. Sometimes we have to take a break where we can get it. Stating at the school playground after school works for me some days. 20 minutes for the kids to run and 20 minutes for me to sit or to chat with parents if I have the social energy. Have a great weekend!