names

If you know my daughter or have read my posts you know that she has her own unique sense of style with hair and clothes.  I hope that uniqueness and her allowing herself to be her continues.  But her uniqueness goes beyond just her fashion..

Just like most kids, when she gets a new stuffed animal or doll she names it.  Once in awhile the names are very simple like “pinky pig”- yep you guessed it, it was a pink pig but some of their names are much more creative and unique.  It is always funny to see people’s reactions to some of the names.

We have dolls named Flower, LadyBug, Pearly, and my favorite-Roller Skate.  They are all very cute for dolls but lately she has been talking about bringing these names to real things.  Now although I told her that I will not be having a baby she talks about me having twins named “Rosie and Bosie”.  I guess that is better than her future kid that she wants to name “GoGo”.

Luckily I will not be having to break her heart by not naming her new brother and/or sister because this Momma is done.  And hopefully before she has her own little bundle of joy she will have moved on from “GoGo”.  However, a dog is in our near future, once we get grass in our new backyard, lord knows what name she’ll throw into the hat..

4 thoughts on “names

1. This reminds me of a post that I read in SOLC about a family who names their blankets! How very adorable! Thank you for this heartwarming piece! By the way, I love your website design!

2. Haha! Great names! My son tends more toward the practical names (naming several stuffies after himself or their colors) and I am the one with the naming flights of fancy. When he was tiny, he did not know I picked weird names, so spent a year or so ago carting around a bunny named “Medium Bashful” and not understanding why this made grown-ups look at him funny. When we let him name the new cat, he immediately chose Ariella, though, so there is hope for the dog in your future! I hope your daughter rises to the challenge too.

3. I cannot wait to find out what the dog’s name will be! Hopefully the weather warms and the grass grows quick so I won’t have to wait too long 🙂