lazy days

It is not often that I get a lazy day at home.  A day without mom responsibilities (Reese is with her dad), work responsibilities (I’m ready for the week-for the most part :)) and household responsibilities (house was cleaned after party last night).

So John and I definitely took advantage of it.  We slept in, we watched tv and fell asleep on the couch here and there.  Ate corned beef leftovers throughout the day- pretty sure I’ve had enough corned beef for awhile. and despite being lazy all day I am ready for bed.

I used to feel guilty for taking a day like this.

There are so many things you can do around the house that are not priority but take advantage of the time.

You could be out enjoying the fresh air.

You always have stuff to do for school.

You are being lazy!

I don’t know when or how it happened that I finally allowed myself to be fine with a lazy day, but I no longer feel guilty about it.  We all deserve a time out and a time to recharge.  Today was my day and I don’t know when I will get another one like this so I am glad I took advantage of it and when the next one comes around I will do the same..  guilt free 🙂

4 thoughts on “lazy days

1. These days are just the best! I think it will be a while before I can have a truly lazy day with little ones… but someday! Haha

• When Reese was younger and it was under different circumstances I always looked for a lazy “hour” because that’s all I could get. So I totally get it

2. Lazy days are the best! When the house (or at least the part I can see at that moment) is clean it is totally guilt-free. If I open my eyes and see the mess, I still take the lazy day, but I feel the guilt! I am glad you enjoyed the day. FIVE more days and we can get another lazy day somewhere in there 🙂