Laundry

l have a love hate relationship with laundry as I’m sure lots of people do.

I love when laundry is done and I have lots of wardrobe choices.

I love seeing that full laundry basket quickly disappear as I do load after load.

I love the smell of fresh clean clothes, sheets and towels.

I actually love matching socks as it is so satisfying to me to find the pairs!

However…

I hate when I forget to move a load from the washer to the dryer and then have to wash it again because it has been that long.

I hate folding clothes.

I hate even more having to put them away.

I hate having a leftover lonely sock which I cannot for the life of me understand where it’s partner went.

I hate that I let it all pile up then have to spend so much time taking care of it.

I usually do the laundry and then it sits there in baskets overflowing on my bedroom floor.  I then find myself digging through it to find what I need.

I sometimes dump the clean laundry onto my bed thinking that I will have to fold it before I can go to bed. But that usually doesn’t work because I just grab a basket and dump the clothes into the basket..  problem solved.

So today, all afternoon I have been working on the laundry. I have no excuse and we are running out of baskets. I am finding every little excuse to do something else that has to be done- like writing my blog.

The end is near and I am promising myself the same thing I always do on days like today-next load I do will be washed, dried and hung up in the same day! Not gonna hold me breath.