Close to zero

Tax day.  Finally getting taxes done for 2017. Not my first choice for a fun or relaxing Monday evening  .

1095’s, W2’s, deductions, HSA accounts, 1099’s, interest income, dependents, etc.. It was so much easier when I worked as the lottery girl at the liquor store in college making minimum wage.  Now I have an affordable tax guy helping me make sense of it all. And probably helping me get things right

It’s interesting to hear different people’s take on tax returns. My one friend would rather pay then having the government have her money. I get it but I don’t really want to have to write a check for an unknown amount.

Another friend looks forward to the refund and uses it towards a vacation or something fun. It is nice to get a check back especially when I was younger and not making lots of money.

Nowadays I am hoping to get as close to zero or paid something back.   It’s like a guessing game on how much to withhold and deduct and all that tax stuff I really don’t know much about.  That’s why I don’t mind spending a Monday night in the tax guys office.

4 thoughts on “Close to zero

1. You’re lucky your taxes are done and the headache is behind you. We still have to do ours. We use the Turbo Tax program but every year I have to beg my hubby to dedicate one night to do it.

2. I like to get a big ole’ refund every year. It’s like an unexpected present.

I have no idea about taxes, though, really. Jerome always took care of all that. I guess I better start learning… 🙂

3. Thanks for reminding me of the biggest thing on my to-do list that has been haunting me for the past month. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it’s a refund year!