Times have changed

It’s always interesting to look back and see how things have changed. Today I thought about that as I am enjoying my green beer on March 17th

Back 10-15 years ago we would be up bright and early all decked out in as much St. Paddy’s gear as we could find with beers stashed in our jacket pockets for the train ride down to Chicago for the parade. It would be a long full day of lots of green beer, parades and crowded bars. Everyone is Irish today!

Fast forward to today and we are still celebrating St. Paddy’s Day. But today is different. We slept into a normal time and took care of some house errands. By the time the first green beer is served its almost 5 pm. The atmosphere has moved from crowded crazy bars to about 5 couples hanging at someone’s house still lots of laughs and fun just a lot less crazy.

As I think about how my celebrations of this day and other holidays have changed I’m not sad or disappointed at all. I enjoy my calmer, yet still fun life.

And the bonus is I’ll feel much better tomorrow morning when I wake up.

4 thoughts on “Times have changed

1. I loved those times when I was living them, but definitely don’t miss them now! I love these fun new memories even more! Hope you had a great day!