The special lunch

On Thursday’s Reese stays the night with her dad and therefore he makes her lunch for Friday and I get a night without making lunch 😀!

Today she asked if could make her lunch for tomorrow because she has a special lunch with her teacher.  Her and a few classmates earned lunch with her for doing a great job when they had a substitute teacher. She is very excited and proud of herself and I am too.

I asked what was wrong with dad’s lunch.

“He doesn’t cut off the crusts and puts too much ham on the sandwich.  He puts the raspberries in a baggie and they get smooshed”

Well you definitely cannot have a crusted sandwich with too much ham and smashed raspberries when you are having a special lunch with your teacher now can you?

Absolutely not!

BUT

Mom cuts off the crust and puts just the right amount of ham on the sandwich.

AND

Mom puts the raspberries in a container- no smooshed raspberries on her watch

BUT

Mom also enjoys her nights off of making lunches..

BUT

Mom is definitely not going to let her girl down in this situation.  Too proud of her for being so proud of being a kind respectful kiddo in school! ❤️

7 thoughts on “The special lunch

1. I like ham sandwiches and raspberries. You don’t even have to cut off the crusts. Just a thought next time you are making her a special lunch. May want to do that x2.

2. What a cute request and a great mom! Thanks for this sweet moment and reminding us how much the small things matter sometimes.

3. You are a great mom. Mom’s always do it best in the eyes of their babes… I do also loathe making lunches. I hope that her lunch with her teacher was extra special!

4. I despise making lunches for M each night. Sometimes I’m exhausted from making hers that I decide to skip making one for myself. Hence my Jimmy Johns rewards going up and up each week.
    Mom to the rescue for her special day!