ELearning P.E.

Today one of the choices (she has to pick 6 a day) my daughters picked for Elearning was in PE and it was for her to make up a workout routine and teach it to someone.

It was a hard choice but I was the lucky one that got picked for her to teach (I’m sure it had nothing to do with the fact that I was her only choice :)).  I didn’t mind, I could use something to force me to do some kind of working out, no matter what it was.

She said she needed some time to work on it so I left her to it.  Luckily I checked in on her a few minutes later because she was planning this elaborate dance routine which I know is technically working out, but there was no way I was going to get the moves (and I have done this before and it never ends until she is satisfied I get the moves done properly) and I did want to make sure as a fellow teacher that she followed the ELearning assignment to a tee!

So luckily she turned it into a workout routine.  And it went pretty well.

I was expecting jumping jacks, jump roping (as at one point there was a jump rope out), jogging in place stuff like that but she was all about the stretching.

I learned a few things/some I knew..

I know I was never very flexible but boy I am not even a little flexible!

My daughter is very flexible and runs a tight workout regimen.

I need to make sure that I am doing the counting while doing my wall sits and planking because she is not counting for me.

The workout even came with some feedback and a grade.  I must commend her as she started it off with a positive (I am very responsible- not sure how that came out through my workout but I will take it) before she went in to my areas that needed improvement (I need to work on my strength and stretching).

Overall I got a B+.  Not bad for my first ELearning P.E. class.

2 thoughts on “ELearning P.E.

1. Oh how fun! I would love a workout myself but I need a pushover for a teacher! I am happy to see that she really looked for a positive to share with you first. Congratulations on the B+ (better than average, but room for improvement)! Well-played, Reese.

2. This is a “remember when” story that I think you will carry as a memory of this unusual spring. I have thought how different the experience would be if my children were still home. I enjoyed how you revealed details about the workout and your daughter.