Knock Knock

Today in Kindergarten we had some time before our SEL lesson so like I usually do I told them to relax and talk with each other.  There are six of them and they are a very sweet group so they always enjoy some free time to chit chat.  Today must have been joke day because they were on a roll.

So if you are in the market for some new material, you are in luck!  I happened to write down a few good ones I heard.. Apparantly bananas, barns and mermaids are all the rage right now in the kindergarten joke circle..

Knock, Knock..  who’s there?  Banana..  Banana who???   Banana peeling off!!

Knock, knock..  who’s there?  Banana..  Banana who???  Banana going on the rainbow!!

Knock, knock…  who’s there?  Samuel (the first name of the boy who is telling the joke)..  Samuel who??  Samuel Johnson (the full name of the boy telling the joke)!!

And if you are not a knock knock person here are a few riddles for you..

Why was the dog in the barn?  So he can lay an egg!

Why did the mermaid go into the barn?  To go into the water!!!

What do you call a dolphin with out a fin? (I’m not gonna lie..  I had some hope for getting this one right..  Are you thinking a doll like me..  Get it..?? dolphin minus fin equals doll..  got to be it right?? nope!)  A fallfin!!

I love hearing the giggles and laughs after each one..

I enjoyed listening to them that I had to share of few of my own…

Knock knock..  who’s there??  ach..  ach who??  Bless you..

Knock knock…  who’s there?? boo hoo..  Boo hoo who??  Quit crying, you big baby!!

The sweetness and innocence of them and their jokes made my heart happy today..  Just another perk to spending my weekdays in Kindergarten..

7 thoughts on “Knock Knock

1. I just love listening to things that crack little people up! Even though it’s been a long day, these put a smile on my face! I’m glad you captured the comments here.

2. I feel like this captures our nightly dinner conversations… I also appreciate that you actually thought one of the jokes might actually have a real punch line! We can always hope!

3. Thank you for brightening our day! What fun! I love how you capture their innocence and even the hope you have for a phonologically-minded dolphin joke! Made me smile the whole time.

4. This is also my nightly dinner conversation! Usually the knock knock jokes revolve around something being on my face or head.
    Knock knock, who’s there? Banana. Banana who? Banana on your head.

5. This reminds me of our dinner conversations too, but I’m the ones with the jokes and my kids (17, 16, and 12) don’t think my jokes are that funny (I think they have their dad’s sense of humor)!

6. Oh Lori, I love this sooo much! I feel like I can here the little voices. Thank you for sharing these!! 🙂

7. Little kid jokes are hysterical in that they make no sense to anyone at all, except the little one who desperately is trying to make everyone laugh! So sweet!