Unsubscribe

I am usually good about not giving out my email address to companies. Sometimes it’s unavoidable because I have a credit card with them or shop online and need to give it to follow up on delivery etc.

I do this because the emails can be ridiculous. Every day, sometimes a few times a day.  So every time I have alto sit and can’t do much else (like today while getting my haircut) I try and unsubscribe to as many as I can. I know I can also move them to spam but unsubscribing is what I do.

And they don’t make it easy…

I’ll unsubscribe to a Target email and then get another one because I only unsubscribed to “daily deal” emails and not to “clearance sale” emails!! tricky tricky

OR

they make it impossible to find the unsubscribe link in the email

OR

sometimes  if I do find it and click on it, I’ve gotten an error message or page not found!!!

OR

when you do unsubscribe it says it can take up to a few weeks to go into efffect..  that doesn’t do me any good today

And to be honest..  I don’t even know if the unsubscribe button works half the time..  I don’t keep track..  I just keep doing my thing, my part time job, unsubsribing….

3 thoughts on “Unsubscribe

1. Yes! Unsubscribing was one of my New Year’s Resolutions (I kept pretty low expectations after what we went through last year). They don’t make it easy at all.

2. I agree, it feels like a part- time job trying to stop the in box from filling up! I keep one email to use for those marketing sign ups, another for writing and yet a different email for my personal, important stuff.

3. That’s on my summer to do list! My kids’ birthdays are in the winter, my nieces and nephew’s in the summer, and then Christmas . . there is never a good time to NOT get the coupons they are sending out for gifts! UGH!