Let’s try it again!!

As I’m sure it’s true for MANY MANY people, we had to cancel our vacation last summer.
My husband and I were going to take our daughter down to Destin with my friend and her husband and 2 kids.

I was surprised when we were able to actually plan it last year.  My friend is always SO busy having 2 kids in sports, not to mention she has like 2 jobs and is always volunteering and spreading herself thin.  I also share my daughters time with her dad so the fact that we found the same 10 days that worked for all of us and fit in before I went back to school was a miracle.

We already had basic plans though out..  drive to Nashville for the night (always a fun time) and finish the ride the next day and spend 7 days on the beach in a condo.

Our kids who have been close since forever already decide who was getting the top bunk and who was getting the bottom bunk in their bedroom.  My friend and her husband have been there many times so they were offering up some great things to do..

And even as Covid first hit we did not cancel…  We did not know what was to become..  the summer started and things started opening up and possibly heading in the right direction.  We knew we had to cancel by July 5th to get our money back.  We were hopeful..  But then all the hot spots and quarantine after visiting certain places began.  We just couldn’t take the chance losing all that money and had to cancel.  We vowed Destin 2021!!

I knew we all wanted to go, but again, trying to even find an afternoon to get together with my friend is near impossible, but I was hopeful.  We could always go without them but it would be more fun for my daughter to have her pal there.  We had so many fun ideas planned…

And then it happened last night.  She called and said let’s book, let’s try it again!  We found another 10 days this summer and she confirmed with me this morning that we were booked!

I am thrilled that Destin 2021 is in planned in the books and I’m optimistically hopeful that we will able to go this year!

3 thoughts on “Let’s try it again!!

1. As I read your piece, I felt the same disappointment I felt last year when we, too, had to cancel our summer vacation. Then, at the end, I felt hope – planning again! Something to look forward to! A bright spot in a tough year! Enjoy the planning and enjoy the trip!

2. This brought a smile to my face! I am sure you will all have a wonderful time relaxing and hanging out! Summer 2021 will NOT be taken for granted!