It’s happened to the best of us

My husband and I are away this long weekend checking out breweries among other things. Yesterday we had a full day of food and craft brews.
While we were out we saw a few bachelorette parties- of course it was Saturday night in downtown Grand Rapids!
We were at one of our last stops and I headed into the restroom. 2 stalls both empty. Not one second later I heard/saw the long ago, yet familiar Saturday night women’s bathroom conversation/scene coming together!
two women scramble into bathroom and then into stall together..
Blek!!

you’re ok.. other friend assuring drunk friend while holding hair back (I’m assuming as I have done that role before )

let it out..  all good!!
I’m a mess.  I’m so embarrassed!!

another concerned friend comes in.. “Is she ok” as she smooshes into the stall where they are all that next to mine

yes she’s ok! Just needs to get it out!

honey you’re ok we all love you!! It’s your bachelorette night!!

Blek!!

My mind went back to those days! Young and drinking and not a care in the world!  Could stay in bed the next day and life would be fine!  Had some great times!  Most days luckily not involving the bathroom but definitely a few being the good friend cheerleader and maybe a day or two being the unfortunate one being cheered on!

I left the stall and made eye contact with a random uninvolved stranger.  We gave each other the unknowing smile and with a definite nonjudging  look regarding the other girls, as we know most of us have been there before and THANK GOD that’s not us tonight!

2 thoughts on “It’s happened to the best of us

1. My favorite is the eye contact with the other uninvolved stranger. The eyebrow raise and smile (probably not seen under a mask). We have all been there!
    A dumb rite of passage, but one most of us have experienced! 😂