Productivity or Sleep?

Day 9

I have never been what people call a “morning person”.  I LOVE my sleep and if I don’t have to wake up early I usually won’t.  A lot of people I know will talk about how they can’t sleep in on the weekends- I never have that problem- or I should probably say I end up staying in bed and falling back asleep- which is worse because then it is torture to get up after that.  When I do need to get up early I like to do my thing and not be bothered- I turn on the news or radio and do my thing.

Although I do love to sleep, I do appreciate the non work days when I do wake up early because of all I can enjoy or do in the longer day.  And after those days I always try and get myself to do it more often.  Today was one of those days.  I did not have work today because of a doctors appointment, but I did have to get up and get my daughter to school by 7:15.  I originally planned to try to fall back asleep once I returned home but then I was awake and decided to start my day.

And WOW did I get a lot accomplished.  Before noon I brought my daughter to school, emptied the dishwasher, played outside with the dog,  took a shower and got ready for the day and got my nails done.  I couldn’t believe it was only noon. I had so much of the day left!  It was great!

The mornings can be so productive and I do love when I take advantage of getting up early on work free days..  But unfortunately not as much as I love sleeping in..

5 thoughts on “Productivity or Sleep?

1. What a hard choice: sleep in vs. be productive. I think I’m with you, when I have a productive day I’m super excited! But I will usually choose sleeping in. Congrats!

2. This is such a dilemma! With my small kiddos I think I would take either one because I SERIOUSLY lack sleep and productivity over here!

3. That is the best! While I am totally with you on the sleeping part, getting those days where you are productive are that much better. Glad you enjoyed your day off.