Always try before you buy

One of my favorite things to get on my way to work is a fountain Diet Coke. My favorite is from McDonalds as they hands down have the best.

As my route to work has changed I have given up my McDonalds Diet Coke for a fountain Diet Coke at one of the 2 gas stations I pass on the way.

I don’t get one every day, but usually definitely on Fridays.  This Friday was no different.

I have my stop down to a science. I know how much it costs exactly and I usually have it down to the penny.  I know exactly where the Diet Coke buttons are and where the lids and straws are. I’m in and out in no time.

Today was no different. Since it did snow the night before and the roads were snowy and I had gotten off to a later start I knew I had to hurry. Good thing I had my money down to the penny, was in and out in no time. Headed off to work. Day is starting off great!

About halfway to work I take a sip.  Hmmm.. something doesn’t taste right.

Maybe it’s because I just ate my breakfast and it is making it taste different. Take a drink of water and try again.

UGH, Nope it’s tastes right it just isn’t diet. It’s regular. Just like those who can’t do diet, I can’t do regular. Maybe a few sips but then it’s too sweet.

In my race to get my drink, as well as my cockiness in how fast and knowledgeable I am with the fountain drink system set up,  I must have put my cup under the the wrong spot- the regular is next to the diet and I was on auto pilot.

So much for my fountain drink Friday treat.  Lesson of today, try before you buy OR just take a second to make sure you push the right button.

3 thoughts on “Always try before you buy

1. Oh! That is awful. So sorry that happened we are always in a hurry and trying to get so much done. I hope your next before school Friday drink is better. I also hope your after school one is much better!!!

2. Pass it to Jenny next time! You have 9 more Fridays left to get it right!
    I definitely feel the pilot mode these days. Almost there!

3. I test out how the pop tastes at all fountain drink places now because I’ve been burned by so many lately. I swear JJ has been the worst with stingy syrup in their drinks. I am not above saying “your pop tastes like water, can you please change your syrup!”