Just one word

It’s funny how sometimes just one word can make your day go in a different direction.  Not a big direction change but a change in your daily plan.  Today one word changed my whole lunch plan!

Today during guided reading our book referenced the word subway. So like I always do with words that the kiddos might not be familiar with I asked if they knew what a subway was. Right away D raised her hand!  This is one of the higher groups in kindergarten so the kids tend to have a decent vocabulary.

“Subway is a sandwich!”  My mind did not go there, but she was right!  One student was not familiar with Subway so we started talking about what it was.  I then told them the other meaning that was referenced in the book, and the lesson continued and the story moved on but my mind didn’t.

I kept thinking about sandwiches and my lunch; which didn’t contain a sandwich. It was a pretty good lunch but not a sandwich. A sandwich sounded perfect.

Luckily and unluckily Jimmy John’s is a quick delivery click away.  I already ordered on Monday and I hate to do it twice in the same week especially with the high delivery charge and the fact that I did have a pretty decent lunch.

But as guided reading continued I couldn’t stop thinking of having a sandwich.  I had to make a decision quick if I wanted to get lunch in time.

What to do..  what to do.. would that one word change my lunch plans??  Big choices! 🤣

11:45 my Jimmy John’s arrived and suddenly my lunch plan changed all thanks to one word.

2 thoughts on “Just one word

1. I feel like once you get a food idea in your head, you HAVE to act on it! I ordered lunch twice this week, too.