Bedding snob

Around Thanksgiving time I finally went on Amazon and bought a new comforter for our bed.  Or should I say a new quilt.  It really wasn’t that expensive and it wasn’t my favorite- I actually liked it less after I saw it big and in person but we needed a new one so it did the job for now.

My husband was not too thrilled that it wasn’t a comforter and it was a quilt.  He said he liked a fluffy blanket and was worried that the quilt would not keep him warm.   He got used to it (and was warm enough) but at least twice a week grumbled about something about it.  It slides off the side of the bed too easily.  The quilt pattern has different textures and feels weird. It’s not fluffy and soft.  I just kept calling him picky and told him he was welcome to go pick out a new one but of course he never did.

Coincidentally (or at least it seemed so at the time), our dog who always slept either on our comforter or under the covers stopped sleeping with us.  I know some people don’t like their dog on or in their bed but I actually like it so I missed that she was not sleeping with us.  We came up with a lot of reasons but never could figure out why.

Just the other day while out shopping we passed the bedding section and my husband mentioned getting us a new comforter- not quilt.  They were on sale and since I was not really crazy about the quilt I was all for it.  We found a fluffy comforter that my husband approved of, and I actually liked a lot better.  Finally the grumbling would stop.  Came home and washed everything and got it ready for our first nights sleep in it.

That same night we had a visitor back in our bed- our dog.  I was so glad that she was sleeping with us again.  Just last night while we were getting ready for bed I mentioned again to my husband how happy I was to have her at the bottom of the bed again but I still wondered what made her change her mind.

The quilt he said.  It has to be the quilt.  It was the only thing that was different.  After thinking about it I agreed that he must be right.  Apparently my dog is just as picky about her bedding as my husband.

2 thoughts on “Bedding snob

1. My dog is the same way! She has TWO blankets on ONE bed. If she doesn’t have both blankets, she will not sleep on her bed in my room. Also, she takes her paws and almost completely takes off one of the blankets so it is barely on the bed. As soon as we fix it, she does it again! Picky picky girl.