Who is calling me!!???

Day 18

Maybe I missed a memo or something but lately I have been getting SO MANY spam or telemarketer calls.  I used to get none or maybe a few here or there but lately it seems like ALL DAY!

If a name does not pop up when my phone rings I will not answer it.  I have a vague memory of unnamed numbers (such as my daughters school or my usual doctor’s office) so I am comfortable answering them, but any other area code or town listed and I’m not answering.  If it is something important they will leave a message right?

Today at school my phone must have rang at least 4 times.  My daughter is home sick today so of course I was running and checking every time I heard the ring.  4 times interrupting my class, 4 times NOT being my daughter nor anyone I know or wanted or needed to talk to. 4 calls from people and places I have never heard of around the country! 4 numbers to block on my phone!  But we all know once you block, they just call from another number.

I know a few years back or maybe longer there was a “do not call” list or something that you added your number to and people were not supposed to be able to call you..  Did that end?  Did I get kicked off it somehow?  Did I accidentally sign up for a “call me many times a day” list??

3 thoughts on “Who is calling me!!???

1. I am having the same madness; I suspect the spammers have figured a way around the “do not call.” I really like the para beginning “Today at school…”, how you emphasize the number 4, building tension and exasperation in your writing – and you gave 4 examples of how they bugged you! Enjoyed this; thanks!

2. Great post!! It is so true that the unwanted calls have been crazy lately. I wish that they would just stop. Somedays I just let Chloe and Dustin talk in German to them!!