Weddings

It’s been awhile.
I haven’t been to a “traditional- reception hall” wedding in quite some time.
Much different then the years in my 20’s/early 30’s when there were SO many weddings!
And not that they all weren’t fun and different in their own way but there was A LOT!

Now I’m at the point where one only comes along every so often. So when they do it is a nice change of pace to get to attend one.  It’s good to see all the love and fun in the room. It’s good to see people pause their life for several hours and just enjoy other people, food, music, dancing and of course some adult beverages.

Last nights wedding definitely did not disappoint.

It was a second marriage for both and an older couple, although I cringe at calling them old as they only have me by about 15 years!
They are newer friends to us who we met through my brother in law, so we were surprised but happy to be invited.
Love was definitely in the air as you could just tell how truly happy they both were that they finally found the “right” one.  They hired an amazing band that plays all over that area and definitely didn’t disappoint. Everyone there just seemed to really be enjoying themselves and it seemed like “life’s troubles/stresses/heartache etc..”  were left at the door by everyone.

It definitely seemed good for the soul for everyone. I think that most times weddings just do that.

2 thoughts on “Weddings

1. And to have a non-Zoom wedding, things are changing! Weddings are such hopeful, celebratory times. We are at the age where it is either a friend finding love again or kids of friends getting married.

2. It’s been years since we’ve had a wedding to attend and this year I have THREE!! I am looking forward to all 3 for their own reasons – the first one is my Godson’s in the city, a week later is Pete’s cousin’s son, and then a month later is the daughter of a childhood friend of ours at one of the museums! Excited for all of them!