Spicing up your handwashing experience

We all became handwashing experts in the past few years.  Wash for at least 20 seconds.  Sing Happy Birthday if it helps you keep track of time.  At least I think it is Happy Birthday or maybe Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. Nonetheless, all I know is that when I tell the kinders to wash for at least 20 seconds, they are either done in 5 and sent back to try it again or they are scrubbing up for surgery.

Usually in public bathrooms you will see the “Remember to wash your hands” or “Stop the spread, wash your hands” or some variation of a sign about handwashing.  Yesterday while my husband I were visiting breweries in Southwest Michigan I headed into the bathroom and when it was time to wash my hands, I like usual noticed a sign by the sink but it this time it was something different.

It was a typed out piece of paper titled “Songs with a 20-sec chorus to sing while you wash your hands”  This definitely got me reading.  It was a list of different choruses to 6 pretty well known songs you can sing as an “adult” alternate to Happy Birthday (or Twinkle Twinkle Little star).  How clever is that!

Maybe you are in a Beyonce mood.  Or maybe it’s a Pink Floyd kind of day..  Your choice! I found myself trying out all of them. Some you need to sing more than once and I am sure you need to rock it out like the main singer.  Which I totally did- in my head of course because I was not alone.  But bet me that I’ll be belting them out in the comfort of my own home!

Right before we were leaving I ran back into the bathroom to snap a pic and attached it below.  I hope you enjoy some alternative choruses to spice up your hand washing experiences!

4 thoughts on “Spicing up your handwashing experience

1. This is great! I don’t know all of the songs, but I’ve taken a screen shot for my own hand-washing time. Someone was very clever to replace the kiddy songs with adult songs. Adults need hand-washing fun, too. Thanks for sharing!