Day 1 – SOL 2023

Year 7!  Wow!

As I logged back in to start this year’s SOL and saw that this is my 7th year, I started to think how long 7 years is and how much have changed in my life..

2016- Wrote my first blog for SOL   2023- Currently typing my 188th (I must have did an extra one one year)

2016- mother of an almost 5 year old   2023- mother of an almost 12 year old!

2016- Getting ready to go to Kindergarten orientation for my daughter  2023- Going soon to Jr High orientation! (yikes!)

2016- Living in an unhappy marriage     2023- Happily remarried and happily co-parenting with the ex.

2016- pet free home   2023- Today is our Gotcha Day for our dog Bozie! 3 years!

2016- solo Kindergarten teacher with 2 half day classes    2023- Full Day Kindergarten with a teaching partner!

2016- Taking my 4yr old dancer to dance class   2023- just dropped off the 11yr old at softball practice

I know there are more that will come to my mind as the month goes on..  But it is nice to see that the memories/changes are all good ones.

6 thoughts on “Day 1 – SOL 2023

1. So crazy to think how much has changed in those few years! I’m excited to hear your stories this month – they are always so good!

2. Great minds do think alike! I like how you set yours up. Crazy where we were to where we are now! Sounds like we are all in a better spot!

3. Wow! I’m so impressed with how long you have been writing. I believe this is my 4th year and each year I question whether I can meet the challenge. I love seeing the growth in your personal life…children change so much in a year. What a lovely memorial to them.

4. I love the format. At first I was expecting a “history walk from 2016 to now, but I love that you kept going back to that first year. It makes me want to take that walk through those first slices myself. Thanks for the Then…and Now idea!

5. I loved reading what you have accomplished and how there have been so many positive changes in your life! Love the way your blog is set up too! So cute!