Day 2-IT’S BACK!

I can’t remember the last time I saw it.  It has to be years!  Definitely pre-CoVid but I am not sure that CoVid had anything to so with the disappearance.  It was the time of the year when I would see it, but it had been so long.

It used to make me smile every afternoon as I started my commute home.  As the years went by, it only popped in my head every now and again especially at this time of the year..  the only time of the year when I would see it; but now missing it.

I had a lot respect for it.  It was out there in all kinds of weather..  All the crazy weather we have in the Chicagoland area from February until mid-April never stopped it.  Rain, snow, ice, sleet, sun, wind..  you name it and it was still out there dancing and moving and grooving and getting every passerby’s attention!  It was a great idea to strike up business even though I never needed to utilize it; I hoped it brought in many others.  There was never “no shame in It’s game”

It is the person dressed up as the Statue of Liberty (although as I saw it quickly today and I just caught it in the corner of my eye- it may have been Uncle Sam-but still something is back!) holding a sign, dancing and singing and jumping and waving..  Trying to drum up some tax return business for Liberty Tax Refund!

While I was turning and almost missed it today I said loudly to myself in my empty car with a big smile on my face “It’s back!”  I hope this is a permanent fixture until tax season as I have missed it.

Corner of 183rd and Janes, usually around quitting time..  Any of my

2 thoughts on “Day 2-IT’S BACK!

1. This truly made me laugh! I love how you captured my attention right from the start. Well written! Welcome back to slicing this year!

2. OMG! You did such a great job hiding “its” identity.

I smile EVERY time I see that poor Statue of Liberty person dancing and twirling! I have SO many questions about this person’s job:
    – What do they get paid?
    – How many calories are burnt each hour?
    – Is it a low man on the todem pole scenario, like did someone who applied to prepare taxes get blindsided by this hidden job description in fine print?
    – WHO is under that mask??!?!?!? Is it a former student????!!!

Such a funny slice!