Day 7- If you haven’t yet, DON’T do it!

Those DARN thin mints!  I haven’t had one in so long!

I KNOW that once I start and have one it turns into many more.  It turns into a daily treat until they are gone!

I do have a sweet tooth but not usually for mint or mint and chocolate together..

Shamrock shakes- no thanks

mint chocolate chip ice cream- pass

Oreos with mint filling- not for me

But thin mints they are something special!

The last few years I have been able to avoid the temptation because I have not bought any. My nieces are done with the Girl Scouts; Reese never got into it after her first meeting. And it has seemed like whenever John is asked to buy some I’ve been around so I steer him into get something like the Trefoils or Samoas since I won’t eat them and even the Tag-a-Longs which I like, because they won’t cause me the thin mint “can’t stop” problem.

But a few weeks ago John came home from work with 3 boxes of cookies- and of course one was thin mints!

Right away I put them into the freezer because in my world that’s the only place they belong!   Luckily right at that moment I was in ignore mode so I put them under a few things and went on with my life.

Fast forward to this past Sunday..  I picked Reese up from a friends house and she came to the car with something round and chocolate. It looked like a thin mint, but I wasn’t sure and I wasn’t asking. But my suspicions were confirmed when later at dinner she asked, “Do we have any thin mints?  I had one at Addi’s and it was really good!”

I didn’t answer hoping they were gone, but then John says, “Yes!  I bought some the other week and no one has eaten them!”

So an hour or so later she asks if she could have a couple thin mints and I said yes….
And then I made the mistake of saying… “Can you please bring me two?”

Game Over for me!  She ate her 2 and the rest of the box (which is almost gone- maybe 3 left 😬) has been eaten by me..  not all on Sunday..  however if I didn’t have ANY willpower I would have eaten them all on Sunday

Darn you thin mints! Why are you so good?!?

2 thoughts on “Day 7- If you haven’t yet, DON’T do it!