Day 25- Look!

Being a teacher of 5 & 6 year olds and having an 11 year old daughter has definitely given me A LOT of opportunities to “Look!”

You know the infamous (and sometimes constant) young kid sayings of things like “Look at my dance mom!”  “Mrs.Brunke look at the thing I made!” It’s just a give. And that’s just their age.

However my husband is just as bad!  He is always asking me to look at things like, “Hey babe, look at the dog all snuggled up!” And it is always when i am in the middle of something else and if I don’t look he keeps saying it. And true the dog always looks cute but after the first few times there hasn’t been one that warrants a “Look!”

If it’s not the dog it’s something online or on the tv or a truck or something on the road..  usually all the same things and nothing ever “Stop what you’re doing worth the look!”

I always joke with him he’s worse than a kid. He always says it’s a good thing I have experience and patience with the kids so I can handle him.

3 thoughts on “Day 25- Look!

1. This post made me laugh. You’re needed in many facets in your life!

I can relate although I call my husband the Question Whisperer. After teaching all day, he’ll ask me a dozen questions.

I guess the good news is they just really want to be around us!

2. Oh my gosh! As I was reading this, my husband asked me to “Look at a play” on basketball. Then, when I ignored him because I was reading your post, he asked again! All guys are like 5 year olds! Not just your husband!

3. I’m definitely the husband wanting to share my sights and experiences. Luckily, my wife also has elementary training, so she humors me.