Reality TV House Shows

On Sunday afternoons when I need to get some things done on the computer for work or whatever I like to turn something easy to watch on the TV. Something that I don;t have to pay attention much in order to still enjoy it.  I switch from time to time, but lately my go to show (which I record so it is always available when I want it) is House Hunters on HGTV.  Not only is it always on which means I have LOTS recorded but since it is recorded I can fast forward through all the boring stuff and commercials and get to the houses.

Now I know that it is reality TV and these people have already bought their house and they are just looking at the other 2 for the show and all that other “reality” tv blah blah blah, but I like to look at other houses around the country and enjoy that part.  So I don’t mind the other stuff and like I said before that’s what’s great with the fast forward feature.

When I happen to watch it with other people, mainly Reese or John, we always try and guess which home they will choose..  WELL I think I’ve gotten it figured out!  Exciting stuff RIGHT??!!!

Some shows are easier than others but my theory, which I have yet to be disproved is as follows..

They always pick the unfurnished house because the original homeowners have moved out because these people have already bought it.  It does get tricky if there are more than one unfurnished house.

If all are furnished..

the one they pick and they show at the end they are usually outside when they do the end of the show check in after they have moved in.

OR

during the house hunt they mention about the furniture being available to be bought and lo and behold if they pick that house… surprise they bought the furniture (because they already lived there :))

My fiance makes fun of me for all my thinking and theories behind a reality show but I guarantee he would never bet me on which house the people would choose..

Next time you see it on, check it out and see if my theories work!

3 thoughts on “Reality TV House Shows

1. I am a reality TV show junkie. I love what you’ve decided about that T.V. show! Your theory is probably right.

2. Lori, I love this! First of all, I just love the perfectly placed “blah, blah, blah.” What a great craft move. Secondly, I love how you took one small thing (which house?) and wrote a whole theory behind it! This is a great example of explaining your thinking with detail. Plus, it’s fascinating. I’ll have to watch with your theories in mind next time!

3. I love this! I always come up with theories like that too. I am avtually anxious to check this one out… I record Live with Kelly and Ryan all week and watch it as background on the weekends! Mindless and don’t have to really pay attention.