A Fun Observation

This past weekend while I was at a wedding they played a song that is familiar in my kindergarten classroom.. the Cha Cha Slide.  Right away I thought, “Wow, this is different seeing this in an adult setting!”

THEN they started dancing and I realized it wasn’t much different at all.

If you are not familiar with this song (which BTW if so what rock have you been living under?) it is basically a line dance where they sing the directions to you; moving right and left, jumping and stomping feet..stuff like that.

In Kindergarten there are mistakes telling right from left.  At the wedding, some guests enjoying adult beverages had some trouble as well.

In Kindergarten the kids don’t know all the words so they make up or mumble through the parts they are not sure of.  Those same guests slurred some words as well.

There are always a few Kinders that are louder and need to show off and be silly.  Once again same here at the wedding..

Because of the right and left mix up in Kindergarten there are kids bumping into each other and a possible fall down every now and again.  Because of the adult beverages I saw that happen twice at the wedding.

Now I am not judging; I have had my share of adult beverages before dancing at many weddings, just making a fun observation

So keeping with my fun observation..

My fun question is..  do drunk wedding guests act like Kindergartners when they dance OR do kindergartners act like drunk wedding guests??

4 thoughts on “A Fun Observation

1. First off…this was hilarious!! I loved the comparisons! This was such an original and fun to read piece! I think ending it with a silly, yet thought provoking question, just makes it better. And I’m going to say kindergartners act like drunk wedding guests!

2. Ha ha ha, Lori, this is so great! I love it! I love how you structured this piece, see-sawing back and forth between the two environments. So great. And your ending was perfect! Which is it??

Loved this!

3. This is hilarious, Lori! I never thought about it before, but you are exactly right. I loved the question at the end. I’m still not sure which is which.

4. I love the analogous writing in this slice! My vote is inebriated wedding guests act like kindergartners because that’s when their psyches remember having the most fun. Back then they weren’t worried what other people thought about their dancing.