L L L L L L L L

Thursday morning, as I got put on my new shirt, I started my “new shirt” routine.  I cut off the tags, checked the front, back and sleeves for more tags.

Put on my shirt, checked in the bedroom mirror for more tags on the front, back and sleeves.  Before leaving the house I slipped into the downstairs bathroom for one last check; front, back and sleeves.  All good!

This routine started a few years back after an embarrassing  outing with my husband, sister and brother-in-law.  We were going to be spending the day and evening out with lots of people my husband knew fairly well but the rest of us didn’t.  As usual, I wanted to make a good impression so I hit the stores, found a fun new shirt that I thought looked great and that was that.  I was ready to go.

The day started out great.  It was one of those great days for women; my hair turned out great, make-up was perfect and I was right, my new shirt did look fabulous. It was going to be great time.

The day and evening continued on great, and it was looking to end that way too.  I talked to, and met lots of people and was proud of the impression I thought I made.

Until…

During my final trip to the ladies room! I did the usual last minute check in the mirror before leaving when I saw IT!  For the last 8 hours my perfect fitting/looking shirt was sporting the big clear LLLLLLLLLLLL sticker right down my left “girl”!!  How many people saw that?  How did I come into the bathroom so many times and not notice it?  There it was- clear as day!

I headed straight to my husband and sister looking for answers on how this could have happen- no one told me!!

“I swear I didn’t see it!  You know I would have told you!” my sister assured me.

“Oh, I saw that.  I figured you knew it was there so I didn’t say anything!”

One guess who said that.

8 thoughts on “L L L L L L L L

1. Hahah! This happened to me just the other day. I stepped out with the tag still on my new winter hat. Why is it so embarrassing? I don’t know, but it is.

2. Oh I could feel your embarrassment here! But I’m sure you DID look fabulous, sticker or no sticker! What a relatable slice!

3. Oh too funny. Well-told story. I like the climax — right on my left girl LLLLLL — That’s when I really heard your voice and knew I loved you:)

4. This is so hilarious and relatable! I have been there too and my “new clothes” routine was also born outbid an embarrassing moment!

5. Ha ha ha ha. Oh my G*d, I can’t even read your blog anymore. This is too much. Your left girl??? Ha ha ha.

That ending, Lori. It’s perfection.

6. Such a great slice!!! I love how your writing captures humor so well. Also- it’s a post SO many of us can relate to!