You don’t have to wear a toxedo

Spring break started off with a special treat.  My daughter Reese  had a second grade musical performance this afternoon. Of course I couldn’t miss it and it didn’t hurt that it meant I was going to have to take a half sick day off of work before break.

Last night we got a call and an email and a message on seesaw ( this school is very thorough) that told us the time for each teachers performance and where to park and what time doors open and last but not least it mentioned that the kids should pick something nice to wear for the performance. Not Sunday best but something nice.

Last night I mentioned it to Reese about picking out something special to wear for musical.

She said, “ yes mommy I know. Something nice but not real fancy like the boys don’t have to wear a toxedo 🙂”.

No that’s not a typo. She said toxedo and I didn’t correct her. 🙂

so I asked what she was going to wear. I was worried she would pick her daddy daughter dance dress or her flower girl dress.  Too nice for school and PE and recess. Luckily she did not

I should have known better. My girl picked out her own combo.

While most of the other girls were wearing cute Easter looking outfits or church outfits or really any matching outfit, she picked a pinkish/orange dress with a light blue fluffy vest paired with black stretch pants with gold stars and pink slip on gym shoes.

I asked twice last night if that was the outfit for her. Twice she said “yes, it’s perfect”. And perfect it was.

I continue to love her being her and she was perfect in her musical!!

No one wore a toxedo but everyone looked great. Especially my girl 🙂

3 thoughts on “You don’t have to wear a toxedo

1. This is wonderful. I remember when I was in third grade and my mom let me wear exactly what I wanted to the all school ice skating day. Black leggings, a Mickey Mouse Sweatshirt, a big flower head band and a chunky long beaded plastic necklace. Well my fashion sense maybe wasn’t winning any awards, it was indeed winning approval of my peers.
    Your daughter is lucky that you are allowing her to embrace her style.