The Graveyard

Today I once again came home to the graveyard..  The Bozie Graveyard.

Bozie is our 14 month old black lab/fox hound puppy and the graveyard is my living room floor decorated with the remains of her once fully intact chew toys.

Today’s unlikely victim was a duck that we got her yesterday for her 1 year “gotcha day”.  Fluff and a duck head and a duck body lay scattered about.  She loves to chew things (obviously being a puppy) and is a strong chewer so we have learned our lesson.  Gone are the days (in all honesty they were probably never the days) of the fluffy cute stuffed animal type dog toys.  We now buy the tough, super durable, super chewer dog, fire hose material, never ending gobstopper 🙂 dog toys..  Yet most do not seem to make it past the first few days.  And if it happens to have a squeaker inside of it her first gowl is to get that squeaker out.  This poor duck didn’t stand a chance, lasting less than 24 hours.

The funny thing is, is that she gets mad when I clean up the fluff or the smaller amputated “duck parts”.  Like I am throwing away her toys.  She keeps the big parts.  Her cute puppy toy basket is overflowing with “fluffless” toys or toy parts.  She still loves to play with them, mangled or not so we let her.

Luckily today’s graveyard casualty was of one of her toys..  that’s not always the case…

One thought on “The Graveyard

1. Never-ending gobstopper chew toys 🙂
    …better the duck than R’s toys or household items I guess. Kong toys were the only things that sort of held up for us.