Poetry

Nine years ago when I joined my current coworkers at our school I was informed of this thing called “poetry” that occurs throughout the year.

To my happiness I quickly found out that “poetry” is code for after work drinks!  I’m always about happy hour and socializing so it was right up my alley.

The whole staff is invited via email written in a poem. It could pop up on any Friday or possibly after a long day of conferences.   And i’ts not just about the drinks, although there are plenty of us who enjoy a good drink or a craft beer, it could also be about food and hanging out with coworkers.

When I first started poetry happened a lot more frequently..  lots of people were still childless and had less responsibilities. As the years went on, babies and families came along and obviously the group dwindled a bit and “poetry” became less and less frequent as it wasn’t as easy to attend due to more responsibilities at home.

And this past school year- forget it..  bars and restaurants were closed.

Until recently..

Poetry is back..

Today- immediately after school..

A great way to kick of spring break..  good beer and laughs with coworkers I barely get to see anymore, let alone talk to..

4 thoughts on “Poetry

1. I forgot how much I missed Poetry. I love that it is code for time with the adults! It was great to see everyone!

2. I loved seeing you! I never thought we would go weeks without seeing so many of our work friends. Thank you for planning the poetry meeting!

3. We always appreciate your poetic and social contributions! Wish we actually saw each other more at work, which is crazy to say.