Bozie-rhymes with Rosie

On February 29th we adopted our puppy.  I actually wrote my first blog about how we surprised my daughter getting it.  She picked it out but was gone the weekend we actually got to adopt her.

My daughter has a knack for picking out “unique” names.  I even wrote a blog last year about the names we have floating around our house (Roller Skate, Flower, Ladybug-to name a few),  So when we started talking seriously about getting a puppy I tried to work on her with names.  We already agreed that she got to pick as long as it got the final ok from my husband and me.

“What are some names you like for the puppy?”

“I already know.  It is going to be named Bozie.”

(I figured that this name would pop up as this is not the first time she has said that) “Maybe we should come up with a couple names in case the dog we get does not look/seem like a Bozie.”

“Nope.  It’s name is Bozie I already told you a long time ago.”

“I thought you liked Rosie too.  If it is a girl dog why don’t you call it Rosie.”

Nope mom you know the dog is supposed called Bozie”

Now I wasn’t necessarily against Bozie-it actually started growing on me as as I kept hearing over the years but I wasn’t sure if I was ready to agree. And I thought there might be a better dog name out there.

BUT after suggesting every name I could it was inevitable- Bozie it was going to be. And when we brought her home it was evident- She was definitely a Bozie.

When I shared the dog news with my friends I emailed the name..  Most of them were unsure how to pronounce it.  So now when I email or text the name I always include the “rhymes with Rosie” part.

Just today I was talking on the phone to my best friend Shelley who lives in New York with her family. Of course she asked how the dog was and said that her daughter, who always loves to hear Reese’s unique names, liked the name Bozie (rhymes with Rosie), but wondered why since she was a girl dog she didn’t just name her Rosie.  She remembered in the past that Reese also liked the name Rosie

My reply was simple, as she has been saying the same thing for years. “I want a dog named Bozie and a baby sister named Rosie.”

Now my response to her when she still says/asks/reminds me that. “I got you the dog named Bozie.  Talk to your dad about the sister named Rosie.” I think that is fair.

2 thoughts on “Bozie-rhymes with Rosie

1. Oh so cute! We have unique names for our many dogs: Mousse, Bloo, Meat. Dogs love us no matter what. Plus, they can always have nicknames. Have fun with Bozie and your — maybe future — Rosie. <3 😉