Just try- sometimes it’s not hard at all

When all this Elearning started 2 weeks ago I started hearing about a bunch of teachers using Google Hangouts and Zoom and sending videos to their kids and all those other technology type ways to communicate.  I was unfamiliar with or very “green” on those topics so I continued on my way with my emails and Seesaw to communicate with families.

As the first week went on I heard more people talking about them, ZOOM in particular, and how they were using it and loved it and how easy it was.  I was a bit more intrigued but still kept to my email and Seesaw.

Then we had a staff meeting on ZOOM on Monday and I got to see it and live it for the first time.  It was a great alternative to face to face communication and it was so nice to see faces I am use to seeing every work day.    Maybe I should try it with my kiddos.  Would definitely love to see their faces.

Then a parent asked if I was going to do a ZOOM meeting and mentioned how much her older daughter loved seeing her teacher and friends.  So I committed and told her that I was going to set one up..  Now I had to try. Really what else do I have to do.  It can’t be that hard can it?

Nope!  It was not hard at all!  And because I finally just tried I was able to spend 45 minutes with 10 of my kiddos this afternoon..  It was great and now I am all about the ZOOM.  Gonna schedule some more with the kids before we go back and I brought it into my personal life too! – Drinks with the girls via ZOOM at 7:30!!

Lesson learned- don’t always be afraid to try new things..  they may not be hard at all

5 thoughts on “Just try- sometimes it’s not hard at all

1. I tried Zoom for the first time today. Like you, I’m so glad I tried it! So true that we can’t be afraid to try new things! Especially during this crazy time. My slice today actually talks about me “Zooming” with one of my students! I hope to “Zoom” with more students in the future. Was just was my heart needed today!💜

2. I wasn’t able to get zoom to work with a 1:1 convo with a student however we did get Google Hangouts going and we spent 30 minutes chatting and reading a book together. We are all green to this 🙂 I know it will get easier as we get more into this eLearning mode.

3. I am so glad it worked for you! How did you like it with your girlfriends? I have been using it every night for a week and a half with my friends. I didn’t go on last night, but the non-teacher accounts have a 30-minute limit, so I got on because teachers get unlimited time . . . so 2 hours later we were still ZOOMing!

• It worked great and we were on forever! The funny thing is is that if it wasn’t for this virus we wouldn’t even had worried about being together. But how nice it was!