Babysitting gig

March 20

We have neighbors across the street that we enjoy hanging out with. They have a one year old so most of the time we just hang out at either one of our yards or house/garages.
They have been itching to go out and their sister agreed to babysit. My daughter was going to be with her dad so we were available.
A few days ago my ex asked if I could keep Reese this weekend as something came up for him. I am always happy to have Reese and my ex and I have a great parenting relationship so I didn’t mind.
But we had plans. The neighbors sister said she was happy to sit with Reese too.  I feel bad going out when I have her as we have every other weekend to do that.
But I know Reese always wants to do big kid stuff.  She’s 10 so she’s getting there but not quite yet. So we “gave” her the babysitting gig. Of course the sister will be there but she’s gonna be the babysitter.
We will give our neighbor money to pay her with at the end of the day. Of course Reese doesn’t know that.
She is very excited because she loves our neighbors son and that makes me happy.

2 thoughts on “Babysitting gig