The Last Week

March 22

Since this is the last week of school before Spring Break I have also been thinking about how it is the last week of many things this school year

Some that will be missed…

It is the last week I will have my 2 small hybrid groups (6 & 7 kiddos); which when it first started seemed so small..  But now have evolved into these 2 “perfect for each other” groups.

It is the last week that I will have SEL and Read Aloud with my remote only students.  And although sometimes it can bring some technology headaches; making sure everyone- remote and live in my class -can see the same screen and hear the same things when a video is played and never knowing if I sh0uld be looking at the kids in the class or the ones on the screen- someone is always seeing the back of my head, I will miss seeing those 4 little faces that I worked with since August.

It is the last week that we will have our coveted Wednesdays.  Our one day to get it all planned and done for the next week of teaching because when the kids are here even going to the bathroom can be tricky.  But it is also the one time to get out of the classroom and see other people and use the bathroom at your leisure.

Some that will not be missed

It will be the last week that I will have to post the classwork on google classroom for the remote kids- the classwork that I believe only 2 kids have ever actually looked at.

It will be the last week that I will have to prepare paper packets for my kids to work on at home; ones I spend time differentiating to meet the needs of my students; most which don’t get returned or even opened.

It will be the last week I get a parent email or phone call asking me what the schedule is and what time their kiddo needs to be on, even though it has been the same for a long while now.

Although there will be some “last week” things I will miss and others that I will be glad to see go, I am most excited to see my classroom get one step closer to a regular classroom.

4 thoughts on “The Last Week

1. Definitely looking forward to “the one step closer” I was hoping the Wednesdays were something would stick, until I retire 🙂

2. So many lasts. It has been a tricky year for sure. Wishing you a smooth start as you bring your two groups together.

3. Perfectly said. I couldn’t agree more with every single point you made. I look forward to being able to do poetry again though!